Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm sorry / I didn't know

What the heck is going on with these nominees? I’m sorry. I didn’t know. They sound like my 4 year old. The guy nominated to be in charge of this country’s Health and Human Services basically said he was "deeply embarrassed and disappointed" about his failure to pay more than $120,000 in taxes.

The guy now in charge of the country’s finances would like us to believe he can’t even manage his own, but had his accountants warned him, he would have done the right thing. Pretty strange way to prove your credentials for a job if you ask me.

If any of us hadn’t paid our taxes the IRS would have come down on our heads quicker and harder than one of those two ton Acme anvils in a Road Runner cartoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the latest ?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02012009/news/worldnews/citis_sky_high_arrogance_152995.htm?page=0

Sandford using the plane of a company he used to "manage" to fly with his family to a Xmas retreat in Mexico, after the taxpayers came to the rescue. No remorses, nothing. Does not matter if he paid for the trip.