Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Out of Towners

About two weeks ago some friends from out of town were here and wanted to golf so I offered to show them one of our home courses.

Here we are walking the course. As you can see from the sign in the foreground we do warn other unsuspecting park patrons that there may be golf discs flying in the area.

Next up here I am driving on hole 18. Visible from the tee, the basket is straight back in that thick batch of trees. You can see the disc on its way. Also if you look further along in the picture you can see that the fairway narrows considerably where the two trees are pretty close together. As many holes on this course do, this hole rewards accuracy and finesse more than power. Somehow, I managed to birdie the hole.



Here is Matt preparing to drive on hole 18.


Next up, Jim Jr. on hole 18.



Tara, following her flight after her release on the same hole. Is that some body English I see there?



Not to be left out, Jim Sr. lines up his drive on our last hole as well.



The group after holing out on 18. Nice round everyone. Next stop? The 19th hole of course. Actually, that had to wait until later in the evening for all of the group except myself. From what I understand they were going on a pub crawl. I could not make it. I wonder how that turned out?



The other member of the group. Two generations of disc golfers, Jim Sr. and Jim Jr., at basket 18. As you can see, it was a beautiful day and from what they told me they enjoyed the course and a good time was had by all. Oh, and what's that you ask, the scores. Let's put it this way, what scores?



Hopefully one day I will get out to Arizona and they can show me their course. I would really like that. Bang chains.

No comments: