Friday, June 26, 2009

10 things every traveler should do

From CNN, there are some interesting suggestions on this list. I always try to do suggestions 6, 7 and 8. I have never done 9. The best story I have about about 7 was when I asked the guy sitting next to me where the particular bus we were riding ended its run.

His response in Spanish, "Este bus va hasta la mitad del mundo," literally means, "This bus goes to the middle of the world."

I was a bit taken aback, until quite a long time later the bus did indeed end its route, at the middle of the world. I found myself standing in front of the monument which marks the middle of the planet outside of Quito, Ecuador.

I would also suggest putting scheduling a city tour at the beginning of the list. I have found that this helps me get my bearings in an unfamiliar setting while also getting a quick history of the place.

No comments: