Friday, June 12, 2009

Of Time Magazine and its covers

When my father was alive he used to read Time Magazine with regularity. It was one of multiple sources from which he got his news. He had an overseas subscription. The magazine was printed on flimsier paper which I guess made it cheaper to ship overseas. Since it was left laying around I would read it also, so I read it in my formative years. I only subscribed to it once since his death and haven't read it (outside of old editions laying around in various waiting rooms) in at least 10 - 15 years.

Here, from Reason online are The Top 10 Most Absurd Time Covers of The Past 40 Years.

Even though the covers seem full of hyperbole (I assume for shock value to sell magazines) and while I may have seen some of these covers throughout the years, maybe even read the articles, I can honestly say I don't really remember any of them. With the immediacy of news and opinion pieces these days it seems that Time is becoming less relevant by the day.

No comments: