Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A 38 hour return trip

For a trip of under 3 hours flying time. Here is the short version. I was supposed to return from Guatemala City to Miami on a flight Saturday July 11th arriving at 1:40 p.m. I did not arrive at my house until 8:00 p.m. on Sunday the following evening. An airline I will not mention but which goes by the initials AA (responsible for the delay in the first place) was finally able to reroute me through Dallas to Miami on Sunday the 12th. Needless to say I arrived a bit upset, sleep-deprived and feeling thoroughly defeated by the air travel system.

2 comments:

Anant said...

That is just horrible. Is it just me or does it actually look like the whole air travel experience quality has been steadily going down over the last couple of years? Lesser services, more delays and also more crashes!

T. T. Douglas said...

It was bad Anant. The only thing that made it bearable was that I was with Brendan, so although we were both pretty grumpy, we could also laugh about it from time to time. It's usually better going through an experience like that with someone rather than alone. Alas, there also do seem to be more crashes in the news.