Monday, August 24, 2009

A casual round

It has been quite a while since I put up one of these posts but my physical therapist gave me the go-ahead to play a round of disc golf this past weekend so that was exactly what I did. I played a casual round with a reduced Sunday group yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The course was in a configuration where the pins were mixed, some long and some short. I shot a round of 50, or 4 under par with 5 birdys, 1 bogey and 12 pars.

I could not believe that I shot as well as I did considering that my shoulder is at about 80 percent of its normal range and that I hadn't played in almost 3 months. The weather was perfect and there was not a breath of wind so that helped. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully I will be back out playing more often now since I did not feel any additional pain from the round.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Douglas! Glad to hear your back in action. Give me a call maybe we can get in an early round o' golf this weekend.... DiscGolfJones

T. T. Douglas said...

Sounds good. Will do.