Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Terri Dial out at Citi

And it seems like she just got there. Now she is leaving Citi's day to day operations, having been stripped of her leadership of Citi's North American Consumer Banking operation. She is leaving ostensibly for "personal reasons." Hmmm, another Uncle Vik casualty, with Emperor 3M (Manuel Medina-Mora) getting the spoils. Her goodbye email after the jump.

From: Terri Dial

Date: January 12, 2010

Every journey faces twists and turns. My decision to move to a Senior Advisor role at Citi marks an important, unexpected shift in direction for me. As much as I have enjoyed my time leading North America Consumer Banking, I must now focus all my energies on my family. That is my top priority. Fortunately, I make this change with complete confidence in the direction of our consumer business for North America and the progress we’re making to put customers at the center of everything we do.

As you continue to journey forward, now under the direction of my talented colleague Manuel Medina-Mora, I ask you to always work to earn the right to serve our customers’ lifetime financial needs. We’ve ushered in a new era of simplicity, honesty and transparency in our consumer business. So remember to SHINE every day. Keep striving to get the fundamentals right for our customers and exceed their expectations.

I am honored and humbled to have served with you. We have accomplished great things together. But it has truly been the teamwork - each of you working together on a mission for customers - that will always be my greatest source of pride. I wish all of you continued success and thank you for your support and friendship along our journey together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She had the potential to right Consumer Banking. Too bad that she did not survive the sharks.

Anonymous said...

Too true, she did, but there is no way she was going to survive them.