Monday, January 24, 2011

MOTW: International Manager

This manager is a distant relative of Traveling Manager and is not to be confused with Culturally Different Manager. International Manager is culturally the same as his/her staff, but lets everyone in the office know he/she is supremely important because of the amount of international travel he/she engages in. Common conversation starters include:

“Boy, the showers in Heathrow airport just don’t compare to the ones in Honk Kong’s first class lounges.”

“I wonder if there’s a higher status than Executive Platinum these days. I must be getting there with all the miles I’ve flown this year.

“Sao Paulo and Santiago are just way too smoggy during the rainy season.”

“Mumbai was so crowded last week when I was there that I could barely hear myself think.”

No comments: