Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Beautiful Song

As an audiophile I must say I really enjoyed this book. It is an engaging read which takes you on a wonderfully crafted journey through a boy's life, his love of music, and the joys and tribulations he reaps due to his dedication to his craft. Stu, a typical suburban boy grows up to be an atypical rock star, Dylan, and along the way deals with all the ins and outs of becoming successful in the music business with his band The Overture. I found myself continuing to read as I eagerly wanted to know what each new chapter in Stu's multifaceted life would bring, including the eventual waning of his fame and career as the music industry changed around him and how he would handle it. This is a wonderful book which sucks you in and leaves you feeling satisfied at the end, having read about a life well lived with purpose and grace.

No comments: