Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's time...

To put an end to the mess that is the NFL season so far. Last night's MNF offering should be the straw that broke the camels' back. If I am not mistaken, during the broadcast I think I heard the announcers openly pleading for the commissioner to settle the battle between the league and the officials and bring back the real guys. The replacement refs are simply out of their depth (no fault of theirs) and every week the situation degrades just a little bit more. For my part, when the real guys do come back (and mark my words...after last night they will) I promise never to denigrate a real referee again, no matter how bad I think the call is. Well, for a couple of weeks at least.

UPDATE: Check out some of the better tweets about the whole brouhaha by NFL players here

No comments: