Friday, March 1, 2013

What day is it today?

Today is sequestration day and also palindrome day. For those of you that may not have paid attention that day in school a palindrome is a word, phrase or number which may be interpreted the same way backwards as forwards. When I learned it in school we were given the famous example of "Able was I ere I saw Elba."

I am not even going to try to explain sequestration beyond the fact that there will probably be a whole bunch of cuts to the federal budget. Depending on who you believe, either criminals will be running amok in the streets by first thing tomorrow morning along with many other "the sky is falling" type of repercussions, or, not much will change although people will feel the pinch eventually down the road.

I don't really know what to believe so let's just call it Palindrome Day since you can interpret the date the same way backwards and forwards, 3/1/13. Happy Palindrome Day everyone.

No comments: