Thursday, February 5, 2009

The bong hit smelled around the world

As an ex-swimmer in grade school and high school I am a HUGE fan of Olympic swimming, especially the relays. Thus the eight gold medals that Michael Phelps won at the 2008 Olympic Games in China were incredible viewing moments for me. True, there were other moments in the Olympics that were memorable, but I’m not sure people realize just how difficult it was for Phelps to accomplish what he did, especially since some of his gold medals did not depend solely on his talent and efforts, but on those of his teammates as well. I am referring of course to the relays, which for me are the most exciting part of any meet. As he continued to rack up the medals I found myself asking the rhetorical question, “Is this guy really human or is he some sort of fish?” Well, after this faux pas, we found out he is definitely the former. After all, to err is human, is it not?

No comments: