Monday, February 9, 2009

MOTW: Cliché Manager

Ninety percent of this manager’s entire vocabulary consists of adages and he/she uses them constantly to communicate. A typical conversation with Cliché Manager may sound like this.

Cliché Manager: “About that burning issue you emailed me on which needs immediate resolution. You know X, I have a feeling you’re putting the cart before the horse on this one. After all, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.”

X: “Maybe so boss.”

Cliché Manager: “You need to think outside of the box. It’s like I always say, when the rubber meets the road…you know what I mean.”

X: “I guess I do.”

Cliché Manager: “Good, good. Remember then, don’t put all of your eggs in one basket...”

X: “Well, okay boss.”

Cliché Manager: “Okay. Well then X, what are you waiting for? Get on out there and take the bull by the horns!”

X then leaves, completely baffled as to what was discussed and what action to take.

No comments: