Monday, February 23, 2009

Not just any "Smith"

Especially not Robert that is. This Saturday, 02/28/09 at 8 p.m. Morrissey (who hasn't been a Smith for years) will grace the stage at the amphitheater across the street from our house. In a readiness exercise for this event I am trying to slide into depressed/chic/disturbed loner mode and walk around with a cool, insouciant swagger.

As far as Robert Smith is concerned, I’m not sure if he and Robert are still doing the Hatfield-McCoy thing. At one point it was so bad that it’s rumored (perhaps apocryphally) that Robert Smith said,

“If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I'll eat meat; that's how much I hate Morrissey."

Sigh, can’t we all just get along? Anyway, look for a Morrissey disc review sometime this week as an homage to Saturday’s concert. Oh, and I promise I'll get around to Robert Smith and his band soon also.

No comments: