Saturday, April 18, 2009

Under par, barely, and no Top Dog

Today it was windy. The pins were in the short positions and we played an extra hole for a round of 19 holes. I shot a 56 or 1 under. I had 3 birdies, 2 bogeys and 15 pars, but it was not good enough for the Top Dog award. That honor went to my buddy Mike F. who shot 3 under for the round.

It was a lot of fun and a very interesting round for me. My driving was off and it seemed like I was hitting trees right off the tee on practically every hole. I was struggling and it really made me exercise my course management as well as my recovery skills. I felt like I battled hard and scrambled for every one of those pars. My short game was pushed to the limit and it was a true test of my mental as well as physical game. For me it was a real accomplishment to finish the round under par.

No comments: