Friday, July 24, 2009

They really said that?

We have all heard the advice about interviewing. Put your best foot forward, sell yourself but don't lie. Dress appropriately, research the company you are interviewing with prior to your interview so you appear knowledgeable and interested. Never be late. Be prepared with some good questions so when the eventual invitation comes, "Do you have any questions for me/us?" you ask something on point and intelligent. Do not ask about money too early if at all, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, we have all heard the advice and still wondered what mistake we made when we didn't get a call-back or the job itself. Still, it is hard to believe some of the pearls in this article. It really is unfathomable that people actually said these things during the process of an interview. After all, since they were interviewing it is assumed they wanted the job, but who knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved it...made a copy to use in my interviewing classes...LOL...Sergio

T. T. Douglas said...

Yep, I laughed like crazy. And I thought I said some wrong things in some interviews and I'm sure I did, but NEVER like that.