Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stockholm

It's a beautiful city with lots of charm and the Swedes are genuinely friendly people in my opinion. I had a wonderful time while I was there even though I was working. I have also spent some time in a small city up in the Arctic circle named Skellefteå (pronounced Shellefteo I am told) and the people there were great too. I was there in the winter and the nights are very long. In fact, in the winter there is only daylight from approximately 11:00 am to about 2 or 3 pm if I recall correctly. Sweden has some good Disc Golf players as well. Overall, they tend to be very long drivers.

And while this Rick Steves' Europe article talks about people knowing Sweden for ABBA and their music, I prefer other Swedish music and have written previously about some Swedish musicians on this blog such as:

Stakka Bo, click here to check him out.

Lisa Ekdahl, click here to check her out.

Dr. Alban, click here to check him out.

Anne-Lie Ryde, click here to check her out.

Oh, and whatever you do, stay away from the Surströmming IMHO.

No comments: